Work Related Injuries/Illnesses

Worker's Compensation

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts Human Resources Division Workers' Compensation Section (HRD) provides workers' compensation insurance for the employees at Middlesex Community College.  HRD is responsible for approving or denying an employee's claim.  Answers to Frequently Asked Questions concerning Workers' Compensation may be found on the HRD Website.

The Division of Industrial Accidents, part of the Commonwealth's Department of Labor and Workforce Development, is responsible for administering the Workers' Compensation System in Massachusetts.  Information about the Department of Industrial Accidents' Administration of the Workers' Compensation System maybe found on the Labor & Workforce Developments Injured Workers' Guide.

Filing a Claim

Complete the following forms to file a claim for a work-related injury or illness.  Return the forms as soon as possible to:  Lauren Hutchinson, Bedford Campus, Cataldo Bldg, #10 - 1st Floor

Medical Treatment

For information about obtaining approval for medical treatment you receive as a result of a work-related injury or illness, see HRD's Injured Workers' Guide to Medical Treatment.

If you receive medical treatment:

  • Complete the employee section on a Physician's Report.
  • Give the Physician's Report to your medical provider to complete the medical provider and physician sections.
  • Return the completed Physician's Report to Lauren Hutchinson in HR/Payroll.
  • Pharmacy Benefit - Temporary Prescription ID card 


If you have questions about filing a Workers' Compensation Claim, contact Lauren Hutchinson at 781-280-3546 or by email at

If you have questions after you have filed a claim for Workers' Compensation, call the HRD claim unit at 617-727-3437.

Last Modified: 8/4/23